We are looking for new women to portray truthful characters in a professional production. Work alongside industry professionals in a supportive, nurturing and empowering environment. (This is going to be a totally unique, cutting-edge production). Proceeds will go to organizations that work to empower women through the arts.
Want to be on stage?? Come to this meeting.September 11th at 6pm
Have fun, be creative, be empowered
and meet cool women willing to take a risk!
Looking for a diverse group of women.
(All ages, ethnicities, and types are requested)
No acting experience necessary, we’re looking for real women willing to test their limits in evoking truthful emotions for a dynamic, professional performance.
|The Vagina Monologues at the Triad Theater
Did you see our production of The Vagina Monologues
and think to yourself, “I would love to be involved in a project like that!”
Well, here is your chance!
HERE’S THE 411
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE NEXT SHOW…
Do you have a song that you always wanted to perform? Is there a monologue that you’ve been itching to show an audience? What about a fabulous group number that would just be SO fun to be apart of? We’re going to put together a charity/benefit review of our favorite songs/ scenes/ monologues. I’m excited to help you explore pieces that empower you! This will be a professional production, like The Vagina Monologues. I’m not interested in directing a glorified “talent show”!!! We will explore all scenes/songs/characters with intensity and integrity.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE CHARITY…
We believe women should spend their lives creating and thriving in an enriching environment. Therefor we have organized theatrical events to give everyday women a creative outlet. In-turn their performances increase awareness, raise money and revitalize the spirit of local organizations that empower women & girls. Have fun making awesome theatre while giving back to the community? Sounds like a win-win to us!
TELL ME MORE ABOUT REHEARSALS….
Rehearsals will begin Mid-September and the performance will be the beginning of December.
- Group rehearsals will take place pretty much every Sunday from 6-9pm.
- You will also be expected to meet with me for 1 hour per week to work on solo pieces (scheduled at your convenience).
- THREE Dress rehearsals are mandatory and will be scheduled for the 3 consecutive days prior to the performance.
If your time limitations don’t meet our needs, we will find an alternative way for you to be involved in the production.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE….
|The Triad Theater
We are aiming to schedule 3 performances at the Triad Theater during the week of December 5th – 11th. The Triad has been the original home to 3 of the 20 longest running Off-Broadway shows.
I WANT TO BE INVOLVED! WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
1) Make sure you can make the time commitment. See above.
2) Contact me, to let me know that you are interested. We will only take 20 women, max.
3) Plan on attending the 1st meeting on September 11 at 6pm. I will contact you with the address.
4) Think about songs/scenes you would like to perform. They can be from movies, plays, musicals, karaoke, pop music, poems, Frank Sinatra, spoken word, Dr. Seuss, etc. The only rule? You MUST be passionate about the piece and it must be a piece that relates to women!
First come, first served.
Are you excited!?!?